Rules and Policies
Competition Rules of Entry
- Introduction ANGELBABY MEDIA (PTY) LTD. (2018/418420/07) (“promoter”, “we”, or “us”) is running a promotional competition. By entering your Angel into the competition you can win cash prizes.
- This competition is open to parents or guardians who are permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 years and in possession of a valid South African Identity Document.
- Entry into this competition is to be submitted electronically via this website.
- Only recent photographs (not older than 3 months) will be accepted. All photographs are screened. Only those accepted will be posted on our site and issued a Unique ID. This decision will be made entirely at the promoter’s sole discretion.
- Twins or siblings (all aged 6 years or younger) must be entered as one entry. Separate entries will be combined.
- Entrants being entered must be aged 6 years or younger. (Entrants need to still be 6 years old by 31 December 2019 to qualify).
- Competition will be held monthly, excluding some months (these month’s will be advised on our FB page). Winners will be announced 10 (ten) days after competition closes and will be displayed on our website and/or Facebook page.
- SMS Voting in the competition attracts an additional premium rate charge to the voter where 1 vote costs R2 (two rand) No free bundled sms’s will apply and errors will be billed.
- Cell C do not support premium rate sms’s therefore voting via sms for these subscribers will have to be done via i-pay.
- i-Pay Voting in the competition is done via instant eft and supports most banks across south africa. There are 3 options: R20 for 20 votes, R50 for 100 votes and R100 for 150 votes, choosing this option will deduct your chosen amount from your bank account.
- Winners will be chosen by public votes each month, the top 3 entrants with the most public votes will win prizes as specified in paragraph 10 below.
- Prizes are cash and/or vouchers and as follows:
1st Prize – R 2 500.00
2nd Prize- R 1 000.00
3rd Prize – R 500.00
- Parents or guardians are required to have a valid South African Bank Account and valid South African Identity Document to claim their entrant’s prize.
- By entering this competition, all parents and guardians agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any giveaways (which have not yet been subject to adjudication), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
Effective date: March 20, 2019
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (“General Terms”) are the general terms and conditions that apply to all the competitions controlled by ANGELBABY MEDIA (PTY) LTD. (2018/418420/07) (“the Promoter”)
2. The terms “user”, “you” and “your” are used interchangeably and refer to all persons accessing the Website for any reason whatsoever, including each user who enters a Competition (“entrant”) or votes in one (“voter”). Accordingly, the terms “us”, “our” or “we” used refers to the Promoter or its possession.
3.This competition is open to parents or guardians who are permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 years and in possession of a valid South African Identity Document.
4. Employees of AngelBaby and its close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the Promoter may not participate in any of its competitions.
5. There is no entry fee and no purchase or payment necessary to enter this competition.
6. SMS Voting in the competition attracts an additional premium rate charge to the voter where 1 vote costs R2 (two rand). No free bundled sms’s will apply and errors will be billed. Cell C do not support premium rate sms’s therefore voting via sms for these subscribers will have to be done via i-pay.
EFT Voting in the competition is done via instant eft and supports most banks across South Africa. There are 3 options: R20 for 20 votes, R50 for 100 votes and R100 for 150 votes, choosing this option will deduct your chosen amount from your bank account.
7. By entering this competition, the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Only one entry with one image will be accepted per child. Multiple entries from the same child will be disqualified.
9. Twins or siblings must be entered as one entry (aged 0-6 years only and up to 4 siblings per entry) One Image will need to be uploaded with all the siblings and names in the following format: “Susan & Sarah”.
10. No responsibility will be taken by the promoter for entries not received for whatever reason.
11. Entry into this competition is done and submitted electronically via this website.
12. Only recent photographs (not older than 3 months) will be accepted. All photographs are screened. Only those accepted will be posted on our site and issued a Unique ID. This decision will be made entirely at the promoter’s sole discretion.
13. Entrants being entered can only be aged 6 years or younger. (Entrant needs to still be 6 years old by 31 December 2018 to qualify).
14. Competition will be held monthly commencing on the 1st day of each month until the last day of each month (i.e. September competition will start 1 September 10 am and close 12 am on the 30 September). However we don’t run any competitions during January and/or other months where deemed necessary.
15. Winners will be announced 10 (ten) days after competition closes and will be displayed on our website and/or Facebook page.
16. Entries for the upcoming competition will close on the 30th day of the previous month (i.e. September will close on the 26th August 2018) or when we have reached 1000 entries, whichever comes first. After this date no further entries into the applicable monthly competition will be permitted.
17. Entries received between the 26th day to the last day of the month will be entered into the month succeeding the competition month (i.e. October).
18. No parent or guardian will receive any payment for entering the competition, or taking part in any media format related to the competition.
19. There will be 2 (two) elimination rounds during the competition month whereby entrants with the least votes will be eliminated.
20. The promoters will run double voting days and triple voting days during each competition month. On randomly selected days and posted on our Facebook page, an sms and/or email will be sent out to entrants informing them that on a certain day (within the month) votes will be double or tripled. These days are to be selected solely at the discretion of the promoter.
21. Entries are limited, if any entrant has qualified for the upcoming competition the entrant will be notified on the 1st day of that month. if an entrant does not receive a notification then that entrant will automatically be entered into the following month’s competition whereby a notification will be issued to the entrant informing him or her that their entry will be entered in the competition commencing in the following month.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any giveaways (which have not yet been subject to adjudication), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
23. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party affiliated to the promoter.
24. The prize is as follows:
The prize is cash and/or vouchers as stated and no other alternatives will be offered.
1st Prize – R 2500.00
2nd Prize – R 1000.00
3rd Prize – R 500.00
25. The winner will be notified on our FB Page and/or a telephone call and/or email within 10 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and adjudicated on a replacement winner.
26. Prizes will be made available to winners within 60 working+ days after the winners are announced.
27. Winners will be chosen by public votes each month, the top 3 entrants with the most public votes will win in that particular month. AngelBaby have no say or input in deciding on the winners. Winners are chosen entirely on votes.
28. Winners who have not provided the promoter with their or their entrant’s correct details will forfeit their entrant’s prize.
29. Winners will be required to verify their identity and age as well as have a valid South African bank account before receiving any prize.
30. If an entrant has won one of the promoter’s competitions within the last 6 (six) months such entrant is not eligible to be entered until 6 (six) months has elapsed. Their entry will not be entered into the competition and will subsequently be disqualified.
31. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters relating to the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
33. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. The entrant is providing their information to AngelBaby and not to any other party.
34. By completing the entry form, you agree to follow our permission policy for receiving email and sms notifications, which you may opt out of at any time.
35. AngelBaby shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this web page.
Effective date: March 20, 2019
AngelBaby Media (Pty) Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.angelbaby.co.za website.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Website and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our website.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
AngelBaby uses the collected data for various purposes:
To provide and maintain the Website
To notify you about changes to our Website
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so
To provide customer care and support
To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Website
To monitor the usage of the website
To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Disclosure of Data
AngelBaby may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
To comply with a legal obligation
To protect and defend the rights or property of AngelBaby
To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
To protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
Effective date: October 2, 2018
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting the contact page on our website